Yesterday, I recorded an InstaLIVE where I shared about the Comparison Trap and but also challenged each of us to evaluate our friendships and pursue growing our friendships Biblically for 2018!
Two Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Friendships:
- Are my friendships centered on Christ or are the worldly focused?
- Do my friendships encourage me to pursue holiness or are they competitive, antagonizing, or even simply silent (not encouraging)?
How to lead friendships to grow spiritually:
- Open up, be vulnerable, and ask a friend to pray for you.
- Begin creating a more transparent friendship by sharing openly with others and then asking them how they are doing?
- Ask your friend what God is teaching them and then ask them that question in different ways each time you meet?
- Share what you are learning, offer to loan them a good book you just read.
- Give permission to your friend to hold you accountable or to confront you if they see you sin against your family members.
- Invite a friend to do a Bible Study with you. I have one specifically on Biblical Friendship… scroll down.
- Ask a friend if they would like to read the Bible together, or even just a book in the Bible.
- Invite them to meet weekly to pray together.
- Do a ministry together. Either build one online and support one another OR serve in a local ministry or in your church.
- Share with your friend, what your intentions are for your friendship and that you would like it to be more Christ-focused.
Biblical Friendship Bible Study
Visit CourageousMomAcademy.com to find out more!
New Year’s Sale 40% OFF!
Normally $42, Now only $25!
Topics Covered in 9 Units
- To Judge or Not to Judge, What is a Christian to Do
- The Comparison Trap
- The Quiet Fight Between Women
- Exposing Threats to Our Relationships
- Identity in Christ
- What is Missing in Christian Fellowship?
- The Purpose of Authentic Friendship
- Disputable & Indisputable Issues
- Redeeming the Division Together
What comes in the Online Bible Study?
- 28 Five-Minute Teaching Videos (Audio Downloadable too)
- Downloads for each Unit
- Written Biblical Content
- Prayer Audios
- Journaling Questions for Each Unit